Property Inquiry Service

  • Is my property in a regulated area?
  • What does that mean?  Can I build on it?
  • Are there any restrictions or limitations to projects?

These are examples of questions landowners, potential purchasers and/or their representatives (developers and real estate agents) ask the Crowe Valley Conservation Authority on a daily basis when thinking about future projects or purchasing a property. The information gathered from these questions is often valuable in decision making and future planning.

Due to the high volume of inquiries for individual properties the CVCA has introduced a Property Inquiry Form (PIF) to improve service for our watershed residents.

This form can be filled out to request information about a specific property. CVCA will provide a written response, usually through email, with preliminary pertinent information regarding our regulations and policies specific to the property in question based on a desktop exercise by staff. We will also inform you if a permit may be required under Ontario Regulation 159/06 and how to initiate that process. This information can help when making decisions to re-build, alter shorelines or even purchase the property.

The Property Inquiry Form must be filled out in detail and signed to prevent any delays.  There is a minimal fee of $125 for this service.

If you are requesting formal comments on a property as part of conditions of a real estate purchase, please contact us and inquire about a Legal Clearance letter.

Please anticipate a minimum of two weeks from submission for a response.

Please email your Property Inquiry Form to .